Friday, October 23, 2015

Trim Organizers

Hello everyone! Mary here with two more trim organizers. I did one awhile back (click HERE if you want to check it out!) and realized one was not enough for my happy stash of lace. These boxes are quick and easy to put together! Once the boxes where assembled, I painted them both on the inside with brown acrylic paint.


Both boxes were covered with paper from the KellerKurtz & Company paper stack, lace and box feet from Tim Holtz. For the button borders, I first applied gesso. Once the gesso was dry, I embossed both the button border in the above picture with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel by Stampendous. Once cool, pink twine was inserted into three of the buttons.

For the button border in the pictures below, I started out the same way. This time while the Aged Ivory was still in it's melted state, I added some sprinkles of Aged Rose Embossing Enamel and applied heat.


While the border was cooling, I worked on the five loose buttons (these are included when you order the button border!). I left the chipboard in it's natural color and just applied Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the outside edges. Pink twine was then inserted into all five. When the border was cool, I glued them onto the button border.


Now all I have left to do is put my lace on the paper covered cards!


Gina's Designs Products

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...