Monday, October 19, 2015

Follow your Dreams/Fudan - Layout by Lynne

Greetings from Shanghai! No, I'm not there, I'm still here in Ontario Canada, but my son is there at Fudan University and this layout features one of the photos he sent me. It was taken in one of the gorgeous garden areas on the grounds there and I couldn't wait to play with the Oriental Shape Set I ordered from Gina's knowing that Graham would be sending me photos!

I painted the pagoda with acrylic paint then heat-embossed it with UTEE to create an enameled lookthen added the Asian coins. The two at the back are actual coins which I found in a Chinese shop in Toronto a few years ago and the top one is a brad that I removed the back from.



I covered the Asian lady piece with some embossed paper I found at a stationery shop ages ago and have been hoarding...uh I mean SAVING... for the right project.

 

The red of the paper actually matches the paint and the hand-stitching a lot more closely than it appears to here in the photo.

Some lovely Prima flowers tiny crocheted doilies and die-cut foliage complete the effect; since the papers are quite busy I tried to keep the added details down to allow the photo and the red elements to really stand out-thanks so much for stopping by; I'm sure there will be more projects coming up using some of my son's great photos and I hope you enjoy sharing his year-long adventure with me!

Gina's Items Used

Other Items Used
FabScraps Cherished papers
Prima Royal Menagerie flowers
UTEE
embroidery floss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...