Monday, September 21, 2015

Celebrating Autumn by Barb


It's here! It's here!!! I know it won't be official for a couple more days, but in my little kingdom, Autumn is here! And I couldn't be happier. Bring on the cool, crisp days and the blinding array of color washing the hills. It's all I ever need for inspiration.

For this piece I used Gina's Designs Leafy Branches with Birds. To begin, I gave each piece a light coat of gesso. Once dry, I painted everything with various Autumn-y colors of Twinkling H2Os. I love the shimmer they lend to the piece.

I wish I could tell you how I did the background, but I really can't remember. It started as a background for a different project, but I decided I didn't like it so I blobbed color all over it. Then it was too colorful, so I spackled creative medium all over it using an old punchinella strip. Then it looked too weird, so I whitewashed the whole thing with watered down gesso. The wet gesso picked up some of the underlying colors and it gave me the feeling of a cool, foggy morning. Just the thing I needed my pretty, colorful trees to stand against.

My point there is, don't give up on a piece if it isn't what you're going for. Set it aside and haul it out later to inspire some other project.


Gina's Designs Product Used



Other Products Used

Gesso
Re-inkers
Punchinella

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful \Barb! i love that you kept at it and here is such beautiful proof! ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jackie! Sometimes all I need to do is keep out of my own way. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...