Sunday, August 23, 2015

You Make Me Smile Mini Album

Hello friends and welcome to Gina's Designs Blog today!  This is Debbie with you today sharing a mini album I made from scratch.  The cover, spine and back cover are made with some pieces of chipboard I had in my stash.  

I started this album out by covering it with patterned paper.  I have several of these older K and Company paper pads with matching embellishments so I decided to start making mini albums with them.  So far I've made 4 or 5, but love the colors on this one the most. I covered the spine with some lacy flower trim.

 The technique I used on the chipboard pieces is a several step process but love how it all turned out.  I started out by coating all the pieces with gesso.  

Step 2 is to paint with acrylic paint.

Step 3 emboss with a Hologram embossing powder- Hologram embossing powder has a glittery texture to it.

Step 4 is to spray with glimmer mist or your favorite spray and reheat the chipboard while the misting is still wet.  This should complete all your chipboard pieces.  

The next step is to decorate the front of your album!

 In this photo you can see that I added a little texture with modeling paste and a stencil.
Add flower on top of your Cardstock Doily Set Intricates


Add your butterflies from the Butterflies & Dragonflies set.



 A few pages on the inside of the mini.  There are several pockets for tags and photos or keepsakes.




Gina's Designs Products used:

Thanks for stopping by Gina's blog today! 

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, Debbie. I think I have that K&Co paper set, and have been hoarding it for years. I really need to pull this out and make an album, too. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...