Sunday, August 2, 2015

Two Fun Projects Featuring The Robin's Nest by Kim and Gina

Hello Friends! Kim here today and I have a fun share for all of you featuring papers and embellishments from The Robin's Nest.  All month long our team at Gina's Designs Lasercuts is cross promoting with the team at The Robin's Nest, and we have been having a blast playing with the amazing products from them.


I started of this layout with my inspiration being this lovely lady in one of my vintage photos from my collection.  She always looked "grumpy" to me, so I dubbed her "the grumpy lady".  I always wonder who these folks are, where they were from and how their photos end up in yard sales and in thrift stores.  I created some background texture on the "Fleur Honeycomb" paper with my texture paste and some Twinkling H2o's to pick up on the colour tones in the paper. I also added some of the Time Flies Rub ons from The Robins Nest to the background, I really love these, they fit in so well with the theme  of the layout.


Once the background was complete, I started to layer on more of the papers from The Robin's Nest, some burlap and more chipboard from Gina's.  I used this lovely chipboard frame from Gina's Designs. I took some of the Robin's Nest Dew Drops and placed them on the corner of the frame and then added a few to the ruler at the base of the photo to add some sparkle and shine!


My finishing touches were some lace from my stash and some gorgeous Petaloo flowers.  I hope my "Grumpy Lady" is happy in her new home, and maybe somewhere out there, she is smiling.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Please check out the links to The Robin's Nest Store and Blog and of course check out all the things happening over at Gina's Store, Blog and Facebook Group.




Other Items Used
Flowers by Petaloo
Twinkling H2o's by ColourArte
Prima Chipboard and Wood Door
Lace From My Stash
7 Gypsies Post Card
Prima Rose Stencil
13 Arts Texture Paste

Next up is Gina, who has this project to share.

Thanks Kim!  I used two of the gorgeous Robin's Nest papers to create a museum style specimen box.  The Frame box was made using the Glitter Calamity Jane Diagonal paper and the interior background is the Khaki Glitter paper. The papers are a nice heavy weight just perfect for creating dimensional items.

The butterflies were fussy cut from images I printed.  The cocoon is made from a folded paper flower and the egg is a small rolled piece of cheesecloth.



Thanks for joining us today!  Be sure to check out all the great products over at Robin's Nest and watch for more great projects using their products all month long.
 


3 comments:

  1. Both projects are gorgeous. Grumpy lady really should be happier now in her beautiful new home, and I love the specimen box by Gina. too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh! Both pieces are stunning ladies!!
    The "Grumpy lady" somehow looks less grumpy with all of the beauty that surrounds her.")
    And Gina, I love how you made the cocoon from a flower, I really thought all specimens were real!
    Bravo to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Barbara and Jackie, we both had fun making them with the gorgeous papers from The Robin's Nest :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...