Monday, August 17, 2015

"Lily" - a Layout With Gina's Designs and The Robin's Nest

When I saw the warm orange tones in these lovely papers from The Robin's Nest, my very first thought was autumn, but I'm really not quite ready to think about that yet, as I'm still really really enjoying summer. My second thought, though, was my beautiful calico kitty, Lily (short for Princess Tiger Lily) who has a wonderful mix of orange tones in her markings.

I loved that the two sheets of paper were identical except for the shade, so I layered them where the patterns would line up closely, after tearing, distressing and inking the edges (with layers of Ranger ink in Spiced Marmalade and Gathered Twigs)

I wanted to use the Deco Lattice Panel as a frame, but since I didn't want to cover up the gorgeous lattice, I cut it out and used pieces of it as embellishments peeking out from the layers of paper. The frame was painted with acrylics then a design stamped with Versamark ink was added with clear embossing powder. The lattice pieces were painted, then entirely embossed in a clear finish
The cats were painted with acrylics, then rubbed with 3 shades of metallic Gelatos for a "calico" sort of effect-I love these cute kitty shapes!

Stenciling with homemade texture paste , some random strips of punchwork and a few cute flowers just about finished the page...then I added a few Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest and-voila-all done! They're so much fun and come in an amazing variety of colours, along with Dew Dew Glue, which are tiny little adhesive dots made especially for these itty-bitty embellishments.

Thanks heaps for stopping by today; have a wonderful week and I hope you find some time to create!

Gina's Products Used

Robin's Nest Products Used

.

1 comment:

  1. Love the use of the lattice frame!! Great Idea! Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...