Monday, August 31, 2015

Etwas Langsamer by Barb Black


Etwas Langsamer

 Mixed Media 10 x 14


I actually did the clock and hands of this piece months ago. But then I couldn't figure out where I wanted to go with them. Happens more often than I care to admit! Sometimes a thing is just waiting for opportunity. That opportunity came a couple of days ago when I was sorting through old sheet music and manuals and books that I use for backgrounds -- trying to organize my chaos just a tiny bit. (As if!)

I spotted the note on some German sheet music: it read, "Etwas langsamer." Those years of high school German from decades ago made themselves useful. I knew immediately that it translated to, "A little slower." Aha! A background for my clock piece! 

I decoupaged the sheet music to a canvas board and then splattered it with alcohol ink. As I worked I thought about the ridiculous speed at which time seems to be going by, and my autodidactic Latin lessons came in handy with "tempus fugit" (time flies).


To get the effect I wanted on the clock and steampunk man, I embossed them with Stampendous Frantage. Then I swiped over them with StazOn Jet Black ink. I stamped the woman and "tempus fugit" with StazOn Jet Black ink as well.
The only thing left was to glue everything together.


I love how this piece turned out. Time flies... a little slower, please.

Gina's Products Used

Rubber Stamps by Blue Luna Press

Other Products Used
Canvas board
Imagine Crafts Creative Medium
Alcohol Ink
StazOn Jet Black Ink
Stampendous Frantage Embossing Powder
Black acrylic paint
Liquid Pearls

4 comments:

  1. love the way you put all the elements together! Love the colors and the music page as a background!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Couldn't have done it without your Blue Luna Press line!

      Delete
  2. this is a total stunner! I came over from the rubber moon group. love your use of the naked lady. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Barb! Your design is fab and the colors and embossing- give it such WOW! Love it! ")

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...