Monday, August 3, 2015

Cute as A Button-layout by Lynne

Hi there! Can you believe it's August already? I'm still trying to figure out what happened to May and June! Time sure does fly, and this page sure illustrates that. I created a layout of my son's first portrait sitting, and this "little guy" is 23 years old now!



Since the paper I chose had edge details, I kept my design fairly simple, keeping the focus on the photo and the chipboard accents. I love the title piece, which I painted black, then heat embossed in black with a grid-patterned design. I then brushed it lightly with Iridescent green Silks.


As soon as I saw the Buttons shape set, I thought they'd be perfect for banners. I dry-embossed them with  plaid-patterned and flourish-patterned embossing folders, then painted them with acrylic paints in muted colours that echoed shades in the paper. I rubbed black ink over top to make the patterns stand out a bit more, then brushed on the same green Silks as I used on the title piece. They were popped up with foam dots for dimension.

 

While I enjoy creating card, canvases and altered art projects, scrapbooking is my first love as it means a lot to preserve memories of times that pass all too quickly. 
 
Have a wonderful week and make a memory or two or three!

Gina's Products Used


Other Products Used

Crafter's Workshop stencil
Prima Epiphany paper
Silks-Iridescent Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...