Monday, August 24, 2015

Catch your Dreams Canvas

Hi crafty people! This week I decided to create a mixed media canvas with a quote from a sheet of Kaisercraft "Be-YOU-tiful" paper and lots of awesome Gina's goodies.
 After figuring out where I wanted everything, I added the stenciling, primed the canvas and all the pieces were covered with gesso, and then glued them on. I then painted the entire project with gold acrylic paint before adding several different colours of mist. Some I dried between colours and others I didn't. This created a marbled effect in some spots. I also dabbed at some areas with a wad of paper towel to create a mottled effect and remove larger spots of mist. To define the edges a bit more, I dry brushed the pieces with black acrylic paint.



After everything was dry, I slid the quote into place (I had glued only the top of the arrow one side of the flowers, and only part of the key so this would be possible). I had a great time putting this together and getting messy with the mist and paint was so much fun! Have yourself a terrific weekend and be sure to find time to get messy!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Kaisercraft Be-YOU-tiful paper
gold and black acrylic paints
misc spray mists
Tim Holtz metal arrow
Prima metal shape
Prima and Crafter's Workshop stencils

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Lynne, I am falling in love with mixed media more and more and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Lynne. The colors are so warm and just the way I love them. The chippies are awesomely placed, and I love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Lynne! Your colors are so gentle and dream-like! ")

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...