Saturday, August 8, 2015

Birdhouse Flower Pot

I have been really wanting to make some desk art. I have these cute little terra cotta containers and went for it. 


I gave my bird houses a coat of gesso first so the color I painted them would be true. 

 

While my birdhouses were drying I painted the pot with some ColourArte Silks Paint Guatemalan Green. I painted these with some ColourArte paints. 


I used a styrofoam ball not he inside and added my birdhouses. I used the trimmed chipboard to mount on the back of the sticks so that they would be a little bit more firm so they could stick into the styrofoam.

Then I covered the ball with moss. I decided to add some eggs covered with paint and Stickles. It turned out perfect. I had to gussy up the birdhouses a little more. I added some vintage photo distress Stickles not he bottom of the birdhouses, and I topped the birdhouses off with some liquid pearls on the top. 


I had such a blast making this. Hope you come back for more inspiration!

Item Used:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...