Friday, August 28, 2015

Altered Frame by Kim C.

Welcome to this weeks project!
I have altered a picture frame that I picked up at a yard sale (best place to find those items to alter and make beautiful)!
The frame was painted with white gesso first then pattern paper was added.  I added an intricate doily to the top and bottom corners as well as flowers from my stash. Flat back pearls were added to each scallop of the lace.
The large butterfly I painted with snow-tex then added some H2O paints from ColourArte and then used some distress ink on it.  

I then painted the word "Love", also with snow-tex.

A view of the top corner with the intricate doily under the flowers.  I wanted this to look elegant with just a touch of color to it.  I think I managed that.  I hope you like this weeks project and please stop back!

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Gesso
Flatback Pearls
Lace
Mirabelle Paper Collection from The Paper Studio(Hobby Lobby)
Snow-Tex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...