Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Facebook Challenge

July Facebook Challenge
~ RECYCLE ~
Join us at Gina's Designs Craft Group for our next challenge. You could win a $10.00 gift card for Gina's store. All you need to do is join the group to participate, its free!! 
I used the Beach Shape Set to make my 10x10 canvas.
The recycled part? The soap box!
My beach hut was made from the soap box!  I will be doing a live Youtube class to show how it was made. (Date will be announced soon)
The background of the canvas was made with Twinkling H2Os from ColourArte
I cut shavings with an X-acto knife from the cake and then mixed it with water in a water mister to make a wash. It worked great!
To get the rust look on the roof, I used brown chalk paint and while the paint was wet I sprinkled it with allspice.  You could also use cinnamon as well or any type of powdered brown spice works great. When I dried it with my heat gun, my craftroom smelled like a bakery! The effect is fantastic it looks like an old rusty tin roof.
 Thanks for stopping by !

Gina's Designs products used

Other Items Used
ColourArte Products




1 comment:

  1. Deann, what a cool make! So beachy and summery!
    I love that Yardley box(my favorite soap BTW)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...