Monday, June 8, 2015

True Colours layout

Hi-Lynne here! I absolutely love the song "True Colours" by Cyndi Lauper; I know I'm dating myself here-yes, I'm THAT old!! So I decided to create a page inspired by the lyrics:

The border piece echoed the damask pattern in the background paper and the butterflies added a nice variation to the fussy-cut clip art butterflies I used that a lovely fellow scrapper sent me a while back.



 I dry-embossed the border pieces, then painted them with gesso then with pearlized acrylic paint. I dabbed them lightly with a yellow spray mist, then gently rubbed them with light pink ink to create a subtle rainbow effect.




The butterflies were dry-embossed as well, then primed with gesso.  I brushed them with Lindy's Magical powder, then heat-embossed the raised areas with a pearlized embossing powder.





I love the effects you can create on these chipboard pieces with both dry and heat embossing and with different mediums; they're so versatile!

Have a terrific week and be sure to show YOUR true colours! hugs!

Gina's Products Used
Banner Border Strips
                Spring Shape Set (butterflies)
Butterflies and Dragonflies

Other Products Used
Ombre Dreams papers
Darice embossing folder
Balzer Designs stencil
Martha Stewart and Fiskars punches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...