Thursday, June 4, 2015

Sweet Summer Layout


Hi, Kathi here to share with you a layout I have created for Gina’s Designs today.
I am sharing some summer warmth by using the sweet summer shape
set on this 12 X 12 layout.
The layout came together easily once I decided the color scheme I wanted to use - blues and greens! All the chipboard was painted with white gesso. Once the gesso was dry I painted the chipboard pieces using distress paint by Tim Holtz.
On the sun I used mustard seed distress paint going light in the center and darker on the ends of the sun rays to give it a contrast look. 
 The sandbox frame was painted with green distress paint and the pail & shovel blue to match the large pail & shovel.  On the large pail and shovel I applied stickers from the paper 
line after the blue distress paint was dry.
 Some of the flowers I used were sprayed with a Color Wash spray. and then the arrangement was then glued down with hot glue. I added another title to the bottom center from the paper line.
On the sweet summer title, I use both white, blue & green distress paint.
 On the umbrella I used white, blue and green to create the separate colors of the umbrella. I defined the panels by using a dark brown fine line pen.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Gina's Designs Supplies Used:

Thanks for stopping by - please stop at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...