Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Fun ATC's by Kim Fuller

Hi friends, today I have some fun summer ATC's to share with you.  I had Gina custom cut some ATC blanks. I was totally inspired by the fun and colour palette of summer when I created these.
Below is a little tutorial for the first ATC.  I created a fun background for this ATC using the Cardstock Doily Intricates.
I started off with one of the chipboard blanks and a watercolor blank. I got out some of Gina's Cardstock doilies next, and decided to use the doilies as a stencil this time. I used some of my favorite sprays in blues, teals, and white. I love these doilies, they are so versatile!
 I started off with a darker color first then layered on some of the lighter ones, moving the doily and changing up which one I used (because you get a lot of different ones in the package!). 
 Lastly, I used some white distress spray as the last spray to add more contrast. These doilies are so useful for stenciling and now that I have them colored from the sprays, they are ready to use on another project later
Here is my finished background. 
After the background was done, I used my dragonfly stamp from Prima and embossed the background with white embossing powder and used some blue ink to stamp the body of the dragonfly. I then used some Silks Acrylic Glazes on the chipboard dragonfly and added my sentiment to complete the ATC.
For the next ATC, I used the  String Along Shape Set Shells for this piece and cut it apart to make the bubbles.  I used some sticky back canvas for the background piece and played with my watercolors to make some bubbles in the background.
Once I was happy with the watercolor, I added some highlights with my white sharpie pen. For the corners of the ATC, I used some nail art, crushed shells, to add texture.
For the next ATC I used the Beach Shape Set. I used my Twinkling H20's to give a "beachy" type background.
 One of my favorite things to do, is to walk along the beach collecting shells and stones for my collection, so that was my inspiration for this ATC.
I embossed the chipboard with some gold embossing powder. After it was heated up, I sprinkled some Aged Ivory embossing powder from Stampendous on them. I love the texture and dimension that playing around with embossing powder gives to the chipboard pieces.
Lastly, I used some glitter and mica flakes which I adhered down with some clear glue and a little jute bow to top off the sand dollar.
I hope you have enjoyed my post today. Check out all these great items in Gina's Store.
Gina's Designs Items Used
Custom Cut ATCs (Available upon request)


Other Products Used
Twinkling H2o's
Stampendous Embossing Powder
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder
Silks Acrylic Glazes
Prima Twine
Stampendous Mica Flakes

3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous ATCs. I love the beach theme and the idea for using the doily as a stencil. Makes a beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, love your ATCs!!! We will have to swap soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. barb took the words right off of my fingertips!! heehee
    Kim, your atc's are fabulous and fun as well- great use of that lace doily piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...