Friday, June 12, 2015

Just Bee Cuz

Happy Friday!!! I hope this blog post finds you all well. Today I have three ATC cards for you. 
You might recall a journal page I did several weeks ago featuring the same concept. One of the other designers loves bee's, and since I wasn't parting with my journal page, I made these for her.
The background, for the most part, is the same as the journal page. I won't bore you with a re-run, but if you missed it, just click on the link above and it will take you to that project!
 The ATC-sized honeycomb was cut apart and used on each of the cards. The "just" is up on two pop squares.
The crowns were colored using a silver metallic marker. The bee between them is from the small honeycomb & bee set.
The three solid hexagons were clinging to the honeycomb. I popped them out and reused them.
Gina has four different sizes of honeycomb & bee sets in the store. Why don't you buzz on over and see what goodies will inspire you?

Gina's Designs Products Used
 



Other Products Used:
Paint: Daler Rowney: Medium Yellow, Cream, Yellow Ochre, Lemon Yellow, Brilliant Red, Orange
Folk Art: Daffodil Yellow
Liquitex: Burnt Umber
Gesso
Rub-on Alpha Stamps from my stash
Stamps: RubberMoon - Mixed media 
Prima - #96081
White cardstock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distressed: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Black Soot
Bling
Silver Metallic Marker

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Mary. I love each ATC. I also think it is cool the way you used the hexagons from inside the honeycomb to make letter pieces. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i do love Bees!! This is truly Bee-u-te-full!! heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks for buzzing by the blog!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...