Monday, June 22, 2015

In the Garden with Barb



Summer is here and everything is in full bloom (and the grass pollen is trying to kill me!). 
I was out and about the other day and admiring all the pretty planting people have done. 
So, that's where I drew my inspiration for this week. 

I began with a 5 x 7 canvas panel onto which I swiped light blue and white paint. While it was still wet, I positioned the cutout of an old seed packet print on top of it.

For the trellis, I used Gina's Designs Deco Lattice Panel 2 that I treated with Versamark and then sprinkled with Frantàge Shabby Blue embossing enamel, which I then heat set.

For the charm, I used two different sets from Gina's: Wooden Charm - Circle Large and Wooden Decorative Keys. Both of these I coated with StazOn Metallics in silver. I also stamped them with Delicata gold ink, using a splatter stamp (origin unknown). Once they were completely dry, I sanded them lightly in a few places to give a distressed appearance. 


For the charm face, I used a RubberMoon stamp and embossed silver on black paper. I simply inserted that in the charm before gluing everything together.



The rest of the project was just a matter of placing everything and gluing it. 
Now I have a charming little bit of garden right here in my studio!

Gina's Designs Products Used

Other Products Used
StazOn inks
Versamark ink
Dragonfly brads (maker unknown)
Stampendous Frantàge Shabby Blue embossing enamel
Shimmery rik-rak

Mulberry paper flowers
Acrylic paint


Rubber Stamp: RubberMoon's New Moon

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...