Thursday, June 18, 2015

Father's Day Cards by Kim C.

With Fathers Day fast approaching, I decided this week to make some Fathers Day Cards.
I by no means am a card maker, but I do at least try and attempt them.
My first card is very simple, but masculine!  I used black cardstock and pattern paper from my stash for the base.  Black cardstock was layered with cream cardstock.  I used the Compass Shape Set along with a piece from the Miniatures Guy Thing set.  The edges of the telescope were inked with Walnut stain distress ink.  I left the chipboard pieces their natural color.  They just didn't need anything to make them stand out at all.  I then added some metal letters to spell out the word "Dad" along the edge of the cardstock.
On my second card I used the Gears Borders & Corners set and a gear from Miniatures Guy Thing set. I inked the gear corner piece with walnut stain distress ink and vintage photo ink.  I then added clear embossing powder and it gave it a rusted look.  I then used walnut stain ink to the smaller gear at the top as well as the chipboard letters. Glossy Accents was used on the letters.  Metal gears were added to give more dimension.

I hope you like the cards I have created.

Gina's Designs Items Used:

Other items used:
MME Paper
Black/Cream Cardstock
Metal Embellishments
Distress Inks: Walnut Stain/Vintage Photo
Clear Embossing Powder
Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping!
Kim 



4 comments:

  1. Really nice cards Kim- love those gears and watch face together! ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! As soon as I saw them together I knew they would be perfect together!

      Delete
  2. Both cards are fabulous, Kim, and I love how you used the compass and telescope on the first card. Of course, I also love the gears border with all those layers. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I wanted them to be masculine but simple at the same time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...