Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Circus Procession by Kim F.

Hello and happy Tuesday friends! Today I would like to take you to the circus! I had so much fun with Gina's circus shape set, and I have had this in mind to make for quite some time.

As you can see above the set comes with quite a few pieces. I have used the Ferris Wheel on a previous project which you can view HERE.
I was drawn to the animal cage and elephant this time, but I really wanted them to be 3 dimensional. I started off with the cage and cut a back piece, by tracing around the cage. I then cut 2 inch strips for the sides, top and back, using glue and double sided tape to create a 3D look.  I also cut off the wheel of the cage as I wanted to use some wooden spools for the wheels, which I think gave a really fun look to the piece. I papered over the whole thing after giving it a coat of black paint with some touches of silver for a metal look, and added some fun wooden circus embellishments from my stash to the top.
For the inside of the cage, I fussy cut out the lion and added lots of dimensional tape to him to really make him look like he was jumping around in the cage. I added some of the Bella flourish frames to each side, and also used more of the paper, fussy cutting out some clowns and punching circles for the top corners and each of the front wheels.  I topped the cage with one of the Faux Metal Number plates and a couple of pieces of bling.
Next up is the elephant! This was super easy to do, I mixed some black and white paint to get the elephant grey colour, then added some fabric, lace and a lovely rose to her ear. I got out my rosette die and made a circus themed rosette for her to stand on, it worked perfectly!
Her finishing touch was one of the "rings" to preform in, which I again cut from the Graphic 45 paper.  I love how fun this is, and it shows the great versatility of the chipboard to be able to make these pieces 3 dimensional.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Other Items Used
Graphic 45 Le Cirque Paper
Lace, Wooden Spools from My Stash
Ranger Paint Daubers
Silver Gilder's Paste
Scotty Pork Chop Embellishments
ButterBeeScraps Metal
Flowers from Kraftsupplies4U

1 comment:

  1. OUTSTANDING Kim!!!You really made this all soo much fun! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...