Saturday, June 13, 2015

"Cherish" Trinket Box by Kim C.

Hello Everyone!
On this fine Saturday, I am sharing my project created with one of Gina's boxes.
This is the "Trinket Box".  I love to alter all sorts of boxes and when I saw this one I knew I had to have it and make it beautiful!!
I papered the top and sides of the box and then used gesso along the edges.  I didn't paint this box at all, I left it its natural color, which I absolutely love!  The color of the pieces is just so very rich and dark!
 I added lace and some black trim all away around the box and used gesso to soften the black trim.  A key plate was added to the front of the box.  I painted the key plate with brown paint mixed with snowtex to give it some dimension.  I then inked it with distress ink and added some gesso to soften it just a little bit. Flat back pearls were added to resemble bolts.  I adhered some wooden pieces to the bottom for feet.
On the box lid I added a word piece that I painted with white gesso and then added some snowtex for dimension. It was sprayed with homemade glimmer mist to give it some color.  I then used distress inks and gesso to soften it up.  I did the same technique to the butterfly.  I also added a piece from the Delicate Frames & Ornament set.  I painted it green and inked it with black distress ink and to finish it off I used my finger to add gesso to soften it.  I then added flowers, stamens and a pearl spray to finish off the corner.
At the opposite corner I used one of the Grape Vine pieces as a base for the flower cluster.  I painted the vine with green paint, inked it with black distress ink and softened it up with gesso.


This box was so easy and fun to do.  It came together very quick and easy.  I hope you like this project and if you haven't already you need to visit Gina's store!  She has amazing products!!

Gina's Designs Used:

Other items used:
Graphic 45 Paper
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Black Soot Distress Ink
Glimmer Mist
Snowtex
Gesso
Trim/Lace

Thanks for looking, Kim :)

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kim. I love all of your embellishments, and you certainly did make it beautiful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this box!! It sits on my desk!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...