Thursday, June 25, 2015

"BeachTime" Shadow Box Hanging by Kim C.

Hey everyone!
This week I have created a little hanging shadowbox.  I created this box out of chipboard and used the Sweet Summer Shape Set.
The picture inside the box is of my niece and nephew, and they are ready for the beach!


The crackle technique was used on the bucket and shovel.  I painted each with gesso, then added my crackle medium.  When the medium was dry, I added the grey paint, a mixture of black and white gesso together since I didn't have grey!!  Once that dried I inked it with black distress ink around the edges.  I added some twine to the handle of the shovel, which I used the crackle technique on as well but only using brown paint.


The sun was painted with gesso and then I used some some watercolor paints from Colorarte to give it a golden color.  I inked the edges of the sun with vintage photo distress ink.


I also did the crackle technique to the piece on the front of the box which is like a covered sand box with a shovel and bucket.  I painted it with brown paint, added the crackle medium, and once that was dry, I added some ivory acrylic paint.  I added some pattern paper and a few flowers to the the box.  This was a very quick and simple project, but it's so cute!!  I then added twine and some letter beads that hang from the bottom.


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!

Gina's Designs item used:

Other items used:
Gesso
Acrylic paint: Brown, Black, Ivory
Water Color Paint: ColorArte H20's
Mandarin Citrine, Orange Peel and Ginger Peach
Twine
WOC Flowers
Letter Beads

Kim C. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...