Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Amazing Wonder Art Journal Pages

Hello chippie fans.  Barbara here again with my last post as guest designer for Gina's Lasercut Chipboard.  But never fear, I am not gone for good.  I will be back next month as a regular designer on their design team. Yay, I am so excited about this fabulous opportunity.

Anyway, it is no surprise to those who know me that I am super fond of birds.  It is no "wonder" that I am always "amazed" by their sweetness, as well as their ability to fly!  Hence came the name for my journal pages. 

After adding a background of printed tissue paper with matte medium, I blended Radiant Gels Twilight and Celedon on both pages, spritzing with water to keep the transparency.  Then I dabbed a  Radiant Rain Coral Berry dauber along the top edge of journal page, misting with water and allowing the color to run and spread.

Next, I spread Twilight Radiant Gel through a stencil with a spatula and let that dry.  Then I dabbed 
more Radiant Rain Coral Berry randomly over the background, spritzed with water and added Kiwi Radiant Gel, blending the two over the background.

Paint Flights of Fancy Music Girl with flesh tint acrylic paint.  Draw in a few facial details with a pencil. 
Add highlights to her face by mixing white gesso with the flesh tint paint.
Continue coloring face details with markers, and add more flesh tint to blend the features more.
Cover her face with a paper towel and mist with a mixture of Primary Elements China Black and water for hair.  I love the mottled look this gives the hair. 
Dab Radiant Rain Egyptian Gold over two Damask Singles.  Heat emboss the ornamental bird cage with Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.  While the powder is still hot, sprinkle black embossing powder over it to give it an antique silver look.
Spray bird flourish with Fern Radiant Rain mist.  Add Twilight Radiant Gel to the bird only.
Spray Fern Radiant Rain Mist over the leaves and ornament.  These were the punch outs from the large Damask Single.  Nothing goes to waste here.
Dab Egyptian Gold Radiant Rain dabber over words, then mist with Pewter Radiant Rain Mist.  When dry, add Delicata Silver Shimmer randomly over words.
With all the chipboard embellishments completed, adhere to the pages, as shown.  
Left Page
Right Page
 I strung a metal chain from the jewelry section between the Damask Single and the Ornamental Bird Cage.  

Gina's Designs Supplies used:

ColourArte: Radiant Gels: Twilight, Celedon
 Radiant Rain Daubers: Egyptian Gold, Coral Berry, Radiant Rain Shimmering Mists: Fern, Pewter
Primary Elements Arte Pigment: China Black
Print Tissue Paper
Embossing Powder: Silver, Black
Markers: Faber-Castell
Stencil: Dylusions

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out Gina's Designs for more fabulous chipboard shapes for all of your art work!  If you want even further details on how I made this background, you can visit my blog at Black Hole Art Studio.

See you next month, and have a creative week!

Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Barbara, love seeing your work. After seeing the chipboard, I have to order some very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. You will absolutely fall in love with the chipboard here at Gina's.

      Delete
  2. Barbara, As always your work is just gorgeous! The journal pages are wonderful - and I love the chipboard face and how you've colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Congrats on becoming a full time design team member - woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments, Kathy. It means a lot to me!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous journal pages...congrats on the new DT gig....can't wait to see what other amazing projects you will create. I love Gina's Lasercuts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...