Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring has Sprung!


Hey everyone! Marla here with my final project for my guest spot. It's been awesome working with Gina's products as a guest designer!
For my project today I have a super cute Bird mobile to share. I just love how it turned out and hope you do too!
I have been seeing a few flowers growing and hearing some birds outside so that means spring is coming! I live in Connecticut, USA and we have long winters so spring is a welcomed time of year! 
I decided to use 'Mobile Birds' from Gina's store to create something inspired by the coming spring. The kit includes everything you need to create this awesome mobile!
First, I covered the top birdhouse part with paper and added some pretty trims and flowers. For the nest I used a beautiful handmade flower that I received from a friend. She also gifted me that pretty bird hanging above the nest.
The birds that came in the kit I decided to give a mixed media look to. I painted them with gesso then used a script stencil with modeling paste. After they dried, I used some Lindy's sprays in a few spring colors. 

 Check out Gina's store and pick up a mobile - with birds or butterflies! Happy spring!
Marla Rizzo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...