Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Garden Wall Hangings by Kim C.

Hello Everyone! Today's project is 2 small wall hangings that I call "Spring Garden".
I have done alot of different techniques for this project.
So lets get started!


I started with a sizzix die, the Fence.  I cut out 6 of them and glued 3 together to get one fence.  I made 2 of them.  I then painted them with brown paint, added crackle medium and then painted them with ivory acrylic paint.  I then inked them with Vintage Photo distress ink.  I added twine for the hangers.  The chipboard pieces I used came from the Spring Shape Set.


Here is a closer look at the wall hangings in the pictures above.  I used several of the shapes for the Spring Shape Set.  I used the word Spring, the 2 buckets(small and large), a shovel and hand rake, a boot, the watering jug, several butterflies, birdhouse w/bird and 2 of the flowers on stems.  I painted the buckets with gesso, then added crackle medium and then painted them brown.  I added twine to the buckets.  I painted the flower stems with ivory paint for the flowers and sage green for the stems.  I inked them with Victorian Velvet and Forest Moss distress inks.  I then added glossy accents to the flower heads.  I did the same to the butterflies that I did to the tulips.  I used some letter blocks from my stash to spell out "Garden".


Here is a close up of the word "Spring".  What I did is painted the word with ivory acrylic paint, then I used my homemade glimmer mist to color it.  I used Aged Mahogany distress ink to create the glimmer mist.  I then inked it with Victorian Velvet distress ink and then used glossy accents.
Here is a close up of the watering can and the shovel.  I painted them both with grey paint adding crackle medium to the can.  I also created dirt, by using snow-tex and brown paint.  I added that to the bottom of the can, on the shovel, on the buckets and on a few of the slates of the fences.
Here is a close up of one of the buckets, with the flower stem and butterfly.

Gina's Designs Items used:

Other items used:
Acrylic Paint: Ivory, Sage Green, Brown, Grey
Glossy Accents
Crackle Medium
Letter Blocks
Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, Forest Moss
Snow-Tex
Twine


I hope you have enjoyed this weeks project.  If you would like to see more pictures and a video please go to my blog, Kreations by Kimber.
Thanks so much and have a great day!!


5 comments:

  1. This is adorable and so perfect for Spring! Love the ideas for embellishing/painting the chipboard pieces. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I loved painting these pieces. It just adds so much to the project.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...