Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Frame by Barb

Hi Everyone! After spending last month as a guest blogger here, I am absolutely thrilled to be a more permanent Design Team member! I have so many ideas for things to make and share that my head is a-whirl with them.
It is springtime and I have been delighting in all the vivid colors that Mother Nature has been flinging about. For some reason Spring and Easter take me back to my childhood even more than Christmas does. Oh, those days of finally getting to play outside without having to wear boots and five layers of clothing!
I remember the Easter gatherings... going to church and then coming home to the scent of ham already slow-baking in the oven, and "You kids change out of your good clothes and go play!" So, this picture of my younger brother and me captures those days perfectly. It's long been one of my favorite pictures and I'm so happy to finally have it framed.
I began with an inexpensive wood frame that I purchased at the local dollar store, and I selected various elements from Gina's Designs Spring Shape Set.
I coated the frame with bright green acrylic paint, spritzed it with water and wiped it down to give it a transparent look. I then used a little bit of white acrylic paint on a sponge and swiped some of it on the frame.
I recently discovered Radiant Neon Amplify and it is so much fun to play with! I thought it would make a nice contrast to do some of the flowers with it. How it works is: first the piece is coated and allowed to dry thoroughly; then heat is applied resulting in the ink puffing up. It gives things cool texture!
For the umbrella, I sponged some white acrylic paint on the domed part. Then I stamped little yellow suns all over it. I used my gold Pico Embelisher for the handle and lines. 

For the "Spring" banner, I first sponged on white acrylic paint. Then I sprayed on various colors of irRESISTibles. Once all that dried, I outlined it with my white Pico Embellisher.
I love the joyful colors in this piece. It's so nice to have this sitting on my desk as a reminder of the beauty of Spring and the love of family.

Happy Crafting!

Gina's Designs Products Used

Other Products Used
Acrylic Paints
Beacon's 3-in-1 Glue
Wood frame
StazOn Studio Glaze
Radiant Neons Amplify
IrRESISTible sprays and pico embellishers
Rhinestones
Sun Stamp by Rosie's Roadshow

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...