Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Composition Box

Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.  I (Shanna) am excited to help give you a little more Spring inspiration. I created a Spring Composition Box.
I decided to go with some Graphic 45 papers that screamed SPRING to me.
Then I painted the my little boxes with a dark gray acrylic paint. Then I covered it with a crackle medium and went over the top of that with an ivory acrylic.
Then decided to go full force with yellow embossing powder to cover the word Spring. I also used silver glitter on the box behind Spring. I think the sparkle in the back really helps the world pop even more.


The key I gave several layers of Distress Paints to make it look it patina style.
This box got a coat of Drab Art Anthology on the back wall. I popped out these adorable girls and laid some moss and flowers down.
This box is just plain with moss and a birdhouse. I even gave it a title of birdhouse.
I love the waterman too this was a bit fun to play with. I coated the can and then scraped some of the paint off to give it lines. I then added some extra ink and some crackle accents for some extra oomph.
The last piece I added was the flower planter. I added layers of Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain to the planter part. Then I added Shamrock Art Anthology paint to the stems and leaves. Lastly I used more Distress Paints on the flowers and then a coat of crackle accents.

I added more flowers from Prima and Petaloo to the bottom on top of the moss. I thought it finished off the look. Thank you so much for stopping by. Remember keep coming by for more inspiration from the rest of the team. 

Items Used:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...