Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Canvas by Barb

Hi Everyone! Barb (aachyoo!) here.
I have made peace with Spring. I have decided that sneezing and squinting through watery eyes is the price I must pay for all of nature leaping back to life. I love the colors and the little winged things flitting about.
So, this week I decided to make a grand homage to Spring.
"...in dreams we catch glimpses of life larger than our own..."

I began with a 9 x 12" canvas panel that I painted a light sky blue. I then stamped on it
using medium blue and light green inks.
I set the canvas aside to dry and began my work on Gina's Designs Flight of Fancy Butterfly Girl. I used blue and white acrylic paints for the base, simply sponging them on to give a clouded sky effect. I smeared Picket Fence Stickles on the hair to give it a little shimmer. The butterflies were done using a combination of StazOn Studio Glaze. irRESISTible Pico Embellishers, and Stickles.
The saying was rubber stamped using StazOn Gothic Purple ink.

After that, I went to work on the flowers, choosing different blooms and sizes from Gina's Designs Flower Stackers. I wanted each on to look different from the other, but mirror color and texture. I used a few different techniques and products for these.
I wanted to bring the element of sunshine to my Spring homage, so I colored and added the sunshine face (something I've had in my pile of crafty fun for years) to the largest, uppermost flower.
I hope you've enjoyed this piece! Thanks and happy crafting!

Gina's Designs Products Used

Other Products Used
Canvas panel
Acrylic paint
Sponges
StazOn Studio Glaze
StazOn ink
Brilliance ink
Stickles
irRESISTible pico embellishers
irRESISTible spray
Ranger liquid pearl
Rhinestones

Rubber Stamps Used
Einstein Equation by Deep Red
Flower Vine by Blockheads
Butterfly, Curiosity, and Saying by Tim Holtz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...