Thursday, April 2, 2015

Remember the Journey

Hi everyone! Melissa here with a layout for Gina's Designs. My mother-in-law took this photo at Land's End, in Cornwall.
I had a lot of fun decorating chipboard, as usual! For the background I applied texture paste on a texture sheet, then sponged on gesso. I then painted with Viva Modeling Cream, then a little Lindy's, watercolors, and Twinkling H20s. I prepped all the chipboard with gesso. I drew some detail on the seahorse with a pencil, then painted it with brown watercolor. I added some gold perfect pearls. I took off some of the brown later with a wet brush, to give it a little more dimension, and put some more paint on different areas. On the gears on the upper right,and the flourish at the right of the photo I poured gold embossing powder on wet gesso, then heated it. The gesso made it bubble up for some extra texture.I dry brushed some Vintaj patina paint on top. I painted the gears at the bottom right and center of the photo with brown watercolor, I applied a layer of glossy accents and put the items on a pile of crushed up mica flakes. I topped them with some patina paint. For the title work I painted with twinkling H20s, then put on some Versamark embossing ink. I poured on chunky clear embossing powder and heated it. 

Thanks for looking, and I hope you find some scrappy time for yourself today!

Gina's Designs products used:
Steampunk Frame
Curly Word: Remember
Sea Horse Shapes
Layered Flourish Renata Small

Other Products:
Paper by My Mind's Eye
Prima flowers
 Twinkling H20's
Viva Colour Modeling Cream
Lindys Stamp Gang
Perfect Pearls
Windsor and Newton Watercolors
Tsukineko Chalk Ink
Sizzix Tattered Florals
Liquitex Texture Paste
Sizzlits Spring Greenery
Vintaj Patina Paint
Stampendous Mica Flakes
Martha Stewart Silicone Mold
Melta Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...