Saturday, April 18, 2015

Brush Caddy by Kim C.

I everyone and welcome to this weeks project!
I have altered this Brush Caddy!
This was so easy to put together and so fun to decorate.  So let's get started!
The picture above shows the front of the caddy.  I used Graphic 45 paper to cover it.  I added laces and trim from my stash.  I also added beautiful flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used several collections from Gina's store.  The top left corner I used a small dress form, a heart piece and a leaf flourish.  I painted them all with gesso and then I inked the heart with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  I then inked the leaf flourish with Forest Moss distress ink.  I then inked all the edges with Black Soot and then added some small open roses in pale pink.  The top right corner has a large trellis rose, a smaller black open rose and a cream hip rosebud.  I also added another leaf flourish.
On the front left bottom I added a frame and a butterfly that I painted and inked and then added the word "Inspire".  The bottom front right has a larger dress form that I painted, inked and added pattern paper to along with some flat back white pearls.  I then added several different flowers along with another leaf flourish.  I gessoed everything to soften it just a bit.
The photo above is the back of the caddy.  You can see where I added the Lace boarder strip to the bottom.  I inked this with Black Soot and used gesso to make it stand out.  The next two photos are closeups of the larger dress form.
The bottom photo you can see where I added the flat back pearls to the top and to the fringe on the dress form. 

I hope you like what I have done!  Below is a list of what I used.

Gina's Designs Products Used:

Other items used:
Gesso
Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Black Soot, Forest Moss
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Graphic 45 Paper: Le Romanique
Lace/Trim

Check out my blog for more detailed photos!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...