Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year and Winter Cards by Donna

It's almost a new year! I made a few cards using Gina's chipboard shapes to send out in the new year! I thought this was a good idea for those of us that did not send out Christmas cards.
For this first card I used some pine tree chipboard shapes and put a very thick layer of silver modeling cream and fine glitter. Under the trees, I used one of the snowflakes, from the snowflake shape set. I painted it a "weathered wood" color to match the barn, and placed an intricate doily underneath.


I really had fun with this "Let It Snow" card! 
I used one of the large snowflakes and a beautiful flourish! Both have gesso, white paint, and fine glitter on them. 
For the title I used chunky glitter glass instead of glitter.
The gold snowflake was covered with Inka gold, and then a small about of gold embossing powder was heat embossed..


I thought this was a pretty card idea for the winter. I love snow and cardinals!
For this winter card, I used several of the snowflake shapes and stacked them. I painted each piece with white gesso, white paint, and sprinkled chunky glitter glass over each piece. I dabbed a bit of Inka gold on the tree. I wanted some of the natural chipboard to show through.

I used red brick chalk ink for the word Joy.

Gina's Designs Products


Thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...