Friday, June 6, 2014

Under The Sea Treasure Box by Kim


Hello Everyone and happy Friday! Today I want to share with you my under the sea treasure box. I have used a lot of Gina's Beach Shape Set on here.  I really love this set, it has lots of different items in it and makes for a fun project.



My original thought for this project was to store my found objects I have discovered while I have been travelling. I found lots of gorgeous sea glass while I was in Scotland 2 years ago, and since I have quite a collection of stones and sea shells as well, that was my inspiration for the project.

You can see above here I have used the Sea Horse Shape set. I used some Ranger Picket Fence Crackle paint on them and then some Gold Gilders Paste to highlight the cracks, then gave them and the shell on the left the same treatment, then added a coat of Glossy Accents. Behind the shells, you can see one of the Flourish Miniatures which I have embossed to resemble a kind of seaweed.

 
Here is the front of the box which I have decorated with some laces and trims and one of the Sand Dollars from The Beach shape Set.


This is probably one of my favorite parts of the box. I have used the Fanciful Elements to mimic seaweed! I used lots of different colors of Silks Acrylic Glazes then added some Glossy accents and then topped it with some green micro beads to give it a fun texture. I really love how it came out!
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my Treasure Box today!

I will have more photos on my Blog which you can see HERE


Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items used
7 Gypsies Maritime Collection Paper
Tim Holtz Metal Sentiment and Compass Coin
Laces from My Stash and The Lace Mama
Metal Feet from Butterbeescraps
Martha Stewart Beach Glass Paint
Stampendous Shabby Ivory Embossing Powder
Silks Acrylic Glazes
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Metal Mermaid and Shell from My Stash
Sea Shells from My Stash







2 comments:

  1. Very creative! I love how the seaweed looks! All of it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much 48, it was a lot of fun to do! hugs Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...