Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Steampunk Cage by Kim

Hello Everyone! Today I would like to share with you this very cool Steampunk Hot Air Balloon Cage. This was tons of fun to play around with, and I have done it up in a Shabby Grunge type of style.

 Here you can see the top of the balloon where I have done some fun treatment to it. I really wanted to give a textured look to it so I first painted it all with some white gesso, then used some glaze paint, then embossed it. I have backed the balloon with some decorative paper. You can also see some of Gina's Wrought Iron Corners, a Tim Holtz number plate and a couple of flowers to finish this part off. I also used another of the Wrought Iron Corners on the base of the top gear of the cage, I really love these, they added a lot to my project by just embossing them and adding a few little embellishments.
Below here you can see one of the Propellers and some gears from the Steampunk Shape Set.


 Below here you can see I have embellished the gears of the cage. I first added more texture to the piece after I painted it up with white gesso, then used some Gilders Paste in Silver and Patina color, and then added some Glossy Accents to the top of it. I lastly sprinkled some Stampendous Colored Mica Flakes in a pretty blue color.  I did a similar treatment to the side of the cage which you can see in the second photo below.


To decorate the base of the cage I have used some of the Clock hands, more of the Gears from the Steampunk Shape Set, and some of the Number Borders from the Chunky Border Set. A few metal pieces, a Prima Clock and light bulb sentiment and some more flowers completed the base.
I hope you will check out these amazing goodies in Gina's Store!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Gina's Designs Items Used
Other Items Used
Marion Smith Nirvana Paper
Prima Lightbulb and Resin Clock
Flowers from Craftsupplies1
Black Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Stampendous Mica Flakes and Shabby Blue Embossing Powder
Stampendous Aged Gold and Aged Silver Embossing Powder
Metal Gears and Filigree from Butterbeescraps
Tim Holtz Number Plate
Silks Acrylic Glaze


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...