Sunday, June 29, 2014

Owl ATC Shrine by Marfa

Good morning to all of you creative people in blogland!  This is Crafting Marfa.  Today's blog post is bitter sweet for me.  This is my last project as a designer for Gina's Designs.  I have had the time of my life creating with Gina's chippies and hardboard items.  Honest to goodness, I would not trade my time in this team for anything in the world!  

So, on to today's project.  I want to share with you all my Owl ATC Shrine.  This shrine is made of hardboard and it makes for an awesome little photo frame.  I painted it with several shades of brown.  Then I glued brown beads to bring out the tree.  I used a few rhinestone hearts that I've had in my stash for years to accentuate the body of the owl and to decorate the fence.  Then I glued square rhinestones to outline the box.  They also act as two little legs to lift up the front of the box.  I covered the tree with ICE resin and the rest of the box is covered with acrylic gloss.  Just a little, not too much.  Finally I put a photo of a flower from my garden that I really love.  Even though I don't make Artist Trading Cards, I still really love to use Gina's ATC Shrines as little photo frames. 




Gina's Designs Supplies:  

Other Supplies:
  Acrylic paint
Acrylic gloss
 ICE resin
beads, rhinestones, and glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...