Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Layout by Melissa

Hi everyone. Melissa here with a 12x12 layout using Gina's Designs Lasercuts.This photo is taken in the ghost town of Bodie, California . Bodie produced more than $35 million in gold and silver.

 My Father-In-Law passed away on May 28th.  This is a tribute page about him that I made for my husband, Rich. I am going to put it into a scrapbook frame for him to put in his study here at home.   Rich picked out the photo , it's his favorite one of the two of them.

Everything on the page is symbolic of Einar and his interests in life. There is hidden journaling written on canvas on a tag.  The images are from Swedish wrapping paper I've saved from Christmas gifts from him.

To prepare the chipboard, I painted them all with gesso. On the compass I put on Viva Decor Precious Metal Color in bronze.  I painted a lot of the edges with black acrylic paint.  I applied Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, and sprinkled on a little clear glass glitter while it was wet.  The lobster is red glitter poured on wet glossy accents. The rest of the chipboard  was painted with lumieres, some were over texture paste, with the gloss on top. I used embossing powder on the hammer, and saw, then gloss. On the ships wheel I embossed with gold, then put on a bit of brown ink, followed by a coat of gloss.
Thanks for looking.






Chipboard used:


Other products used:

Papers by UHK gallery, Winter is Coming
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
Viva Decor Precious Metal Colour
Alphas, metal corner by Jim Holtz
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
Gold and silver embossing powders
Lumiere acrylic paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...