Monday, June 16, 2014

How To Make Clay ATC's With Chipboard Impressions Tutorial

Clay ATC Tutorial Using Gina's Designs Chipboard

Hello Everyone, Kim here! I thought it would be great to start off the week with a bit of a tutorial. I got out some of my oven bake clay and some of Gina's chipboard pieces and started to play around with the idea of making impressions in the clay with the chipboard. I have made these into clay ATC's, but this would work with anything or any type of shape you wish to create, the chipboard makes great impressions in the clay!

I began by rolling out my clay to about 1/8'' thick and then the size of an ATC, which is 2 1/2'' x 3 1/2'', pictured below.

Next I chose some chipboard and laid them out in a random pattern and pressed firmly into the clay.


As you can see I have used various pieces of chipboard to make some impressions, gears, chain, bees and honey comb, and even some dragonflies! Everything seemed to work great to make the impressions!



The next step is bake the clay, which you must read the box on your clay and follow the manufacturer's directions. Mine was baked at 270 degrees for 15 min.
Once the clay was baked, then cooled, it was time to paint and decorate it. I used gesso on my 3 clay ATC's, which you can see below. 

Next it was time to get out some fun items to decorate your ATC. I have used several colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays, Embossing Powders and Mica Powders. But, you can use what ever you have on hand. Think outside of the box, and decorate your clay with what ever you like, now that it is baked, anything really goes!




After you have your background done, its time to play with the chipboard, here below you will see how I decorated some of the dragonflies from Gina's store.

Once you have altered your chipboard pieces, then you can add other embellishments to finish off your ATC's. I have added more clay pieces that I created from some molds I have in my stash along with some metal pieces and flowers.



.....And finally, here is the finished product! 

 I am very happy with how they came out! I hope you will try this, it was a lot of fun to do, and just let your imagination, and your chipboard, run wild!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you like my little project!
Happy Crafting!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Shimmerz Gold Mine Texture Paste
Lindy's Stamp Gang Mica Powders, Embossing Powders and Sprays
Stampendous Glitter Glass
Sculpey Oven Bake Clay
Creative Air Dry Clay(for the Wing on the Blue ATC)
Molds from My Stash
Tim Holtz Metal Word Band
Prima Junkyard Findings
Rosette Do-Dads from Shabbylishious







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...