Wednesday, June 25, 2014

ATC Shrine with ATC by Melissa

Hi everyone! Melissa here with an ATC shrine by Gina's Designs Lasercuts, and an ATC to go inside.  
 
I started by coating the shrine's pieces with a few coats of gesso, and I was careful to not get any gesso on the tabs on the hardboard so that they would fit correctly.  When it was dry I assembled it and painted it with  Precious Metal Colours in blue, then dry brushed on a little bronze.
 
I then poured on thin lines of alcohol ink in purple, and as quickly as possible I wiped it off.  I did the same thing using yellow. The ink made some areas green,   which took some of the sheen off, and I then added a little purple. I really liked the effect it made!
 
  I put a little more blue on in different areas. The leaves on the front are green liquid pearls, then green lumieres,with more bronze and blue on top. To get it lighter on the inside I put on a little pearl colored paint,and some gold leaf on glossy accents. Thanks for looking!




ATC Shrine-Leaves , by Gina's Lasercuts Designs


Other Products used:
Viva Decor Precious Metal Color in turquoise, mother of pearl, and bronze
Ranger alcohol ink in purple twilight, and sunshine yellow
Gel pens
Marvy Uchida DecoColor Liquid Silver Opaque Paint Markers, in gold and silver
 Swarovski crystals
Memory glass by Ranger
Tim Holtz metal
gold leaf
metal frog prince
watercolor paper
Winton and Lewis watercolors


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...