Friday, May 9, 2014

Sewing Themed Pyramid Base Shelf by Kim

Happy Friday everyone! Today I am excited to share this new project with you. It is the Pyramid Base Shelf, which is a new product from Gina's. Being someone who sews,  I really love to do things in a vintage sewing theme. I needed some extra storage space for my threads on my sewing table and this great storage piece worked out perfectly.

I used the Kaisercraft Needle & Pin paper for the background.   It really has a great sewing theme to it, and also has some very cool vintage ladies on it as well.  After I put the Pyramid Base Shelf together, I painted it with gesso, then a lovely Martha Stewart paint, called Sea Lavender. 

 Above here you can see some great pieces I used from the Vintage Seamstress Shape Set, I embossed the scissors and spools to match the paper,  and then I got out some of the fun scribbled lines from the Scribbled Line Set and used it like thread coming from the sewing machine on the top of the shelf. I just love how this looks!

The extra wide base to this shelf will come in very handy to store extra thread!

Above here you can also see I have used some of the super cute Button Borders. I used texture paste, paint and embossing powder to give them lots of color and texture.


 I also created a little match book to store my pins in, using more of the button borders and another spool and needle from the Vintage Seamstress Shape Set to decorate the front.

I hope you will check out the full range of three dimensional storage products Gina has in her store, there is some amazing storage solutions for all kinds of different needs.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Gina's Designs items used
Other Items Used
Kaisercraft Needle and Pin Paper
Wood Letter Tiles from Whichcraft
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Buttons, Jute, Wood Letters from my Stash
Stampendous Embossing Powder
Shimmerz Paint
Martha Stewart Paint, Sea Lavender


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...