Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Vintage styled layout by Melissa

Hi there, Melissa here with a 12 x 12 page using Gina's Designs Lasercut chipboard shapes. The frame and background were painted with gesso, metallic acrylic paints, and topped with crackle accents.  I also added stitching to the page, giving it an old fashioned look.   It reminds me of how my Mom and I used to sew and do cross stitch.  The frame's design is beautiful, composed  of  flowing lines, leaves, and curves.  I thought it complemented the vintage photo really well.

 I added flowers, bling and metals that looked as if they might have come from that period of time. Pearls with their soft luster give an added dimension of  color and texture. I think the colors of the paper and the metallic paint, give the page a ghostly look. I also added some Tim Holtz rub-ons and tissue tape to fit the theme.  Thanks for looking!


Gina's Designs chipboard used:

Other supplies used;
Maja paper
Prima flower
Tim Holtz rub ons ,tissue tape, and metal flower
Vintaj bead caps
Crackle Accents
Liquid Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...