Saturday, April 19, 2014

Scrapbook Layout by Marfa and another Wall Art Key by Shanna

First up today is Marfa with a meaningful layout she is calling "Funky Colors"

Good morning crafty friends!  I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend.  Today I want to share with you a simple scrapbook layout, but it means a lot to me.  The hands that you see in the photos belong to my mother and me.  We get our nails done every couple of weeks.  It's one way in which I pamper my mother, who is totally selfless and never does anything for herself.  My mom is someone who always thinks of other people first.  If she knows you're in need she offers to help even before you ask, so every couple of weeks I take her with me and we get our nails done.  

When I received my design team package from Gina's Designs and I saw this  Pallette and Brushes Set I knew right away that I wanted to use it on this layout.  I simply colored them with acrylic paint and a sharpie marker.  I added Crackle Accents to the bristles of the brushes, just for fun.  I also liked the idea of using flowers for the "paint" on the palette. 




Gina's Designs Supplies:  Pallette & Brushes Set

Other Supplies:
Webster's Pages paper: Clean and Simple Sunday Picnic Pedal Pushers
Acrylic Paint
Prima Flowers: Perles Romance Novel
Crackle Accents
Free Printable Project Life embellishments


Next up is Shanna with another of the Wall Art Keys that the team has been decorating this month.

Hey everyone!  Shanna here today to share with you a wall art piece. I had so much fun playing with the key. My thought was to make it an inspirational piece. 

"The key is to treasure the voyage."

First I painted everything black. Then I decided to paint the balloon along the lines of teal and vintage metals. 

I then altered the gears by doing a layer of gesso, layers of Twinkling H20's and then adding some Glass Bead Gel, completing the gears some Tattered Angels Paints. 



The base of the key got a layer or Croco Paint giving it that old metal rusting off look. Then I finished off the key with metal flowers and some chit chat pieces.



Items Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...