Friday, March 7, 2014

Standing Oval Frame by Kim

Hi everyone, Kim here!  Today I'd like to share a very special creation. This is the Standing Dome Frame in an Oval Shape.  I have used a vintage photo of my lovely Grandmother, Margaret.  She was the one who first introduced me to crafting.  I think she would be thrilled to be featured on Gina's Blog, and it makes me smile every time I think about it.
This frame comes with a stand and also with some gorgeous picket fencing. I have spelled out my Grandmothers name with some lovely scrabble tiles from Which Craft, and added some white floral lace to the front of the fence.

Above you can see one of our skeleton clocks, and a lovely wooden dress form from Which Craft. I cut out some of the shutters from the Bo Bunny "The Avenues" paper line, and added a metal pocket watch.

Above you can see the Birds on a Wire sitting on the fence.  I embossed them with shabby white embossing powder.

In the area behind the fence, I have used some gorgeous flowers from Craftsupplies1 in a lovely sky blue color. I also added the clock paper from the Bo Bunny paper here and then I topped it off with some rosette trims. 

And Finally here is a shot of the Lamp Post with the Large Round Charm hanging from it. I used some metal embellishments from my stash and another lovely flower from Craftsupplies1. I embossed the Lamp Post with aged silver embossing powder.  On the wooden charm,  I added a bit of aged gold embossing powder to give it some interest.  The birds on the inside were cut from the paper line and glossy accents were applied over top of it. You can see in the background another shutter I cut out of the paper, and topped with a wood sentiment from Which Craft.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Gina's items used:

Other Items used:
Vintage Trims from Lavish Laces
Other Venice Trims & Rosettes from Suhafuah
Wood Dressform, Scrabble Tiles and Forever Sentiment by WhichCraftdoyoudo?
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts & Craftsupplies1
Appliques by Cathy's Crazy by Design
Metal Embellishments by ButterBeeScraps
Antique Silver, Shabby White Embossing Powder by Stampendous
Recollections Light Blue Embossing Powder
Paper is Bo Bunny The Avenues



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...