Friday, March 21, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas by Kim


Hello everyone, Kim here, and today I'm sharing a mixed media canvas. I used lots of different techniques and mediums, and I layered chipboard shapes from Gina's store.  I began with a coat of Gesso on the whole canvas, then used some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in various colors, drying with my heat gun in between the layers. I used Prima Masks in a brick pattern and in a dot and script pattern as well. I then used some of my stamps from my stash and stamped over top of it all to give the final look to the background of the canvas.

Here you can see I have used one of Gina's Arched Windows Set and layered on some paint, texture paste and two different colors of embossing powder to give a worn look to the window. I have placed one of the skeleton clocks beside it, and added some word sentiments and some of Gina's clock hands, also embossed with Shabby White embossing powder. A Cog from the Gear Shape Set and lavender flower complete this part of the canvas.


Below here I have layered some gorgeous laces from Craftsupplies1 and then used a Prima wing and more of the Gears Shape Set and flowers from my stash.
 Below here is the other half of the Skeleton Clock and some flowers along with a metal handle and some more gorgeous lace from Craftsupplies1
Here I have used one of Gina's texture sheets, in the swirled heart pattern and embossed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Bronze Powder. You can also see all the texture and stamping I did in the background, and all the lovely sprays and twinkling H2o's I used to get this colorful look.


 Here again is the texture sheet, and underneath it is one of Gina's Intricate Doilies, along with a metal sentiment which says "art" and more flowers from my stash.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my canvas today, it was really a labor of love to make it, this is my first time making a canvas for a DT Project! Thanks for stopping by!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other Items Used
Laces and Trims from Craftsupplies1
Metal Pieces from Butterbeescraps
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
ART Metal Piece from Finnabar
Metal Arrow from my stash
Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Powder
Lindys Stamp Gang Midnight Bronze Embossing Powder
Stampendous Aged Silver and Gold Embossing Powders
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays
Liquitex Modelling Paste
Prima Brick and dot Mask
Prima Resin Wing
Twinkling H2o's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...