Thursday, March 20, 2014

Filmstrip Shadowbox Assortment

Every now and then we get a chance to highlight a product and show several different interpretations.  Today we have three different visions using the Filmstrip Shadowbox.

In a previous blog post Nancy shared her Nature Assemblage version of this product.  Nancy used the box horizontally and gave it a very outdoorsy feel.  This project features something new in every peek.


Kathi's version of the Filmstrip box incorporates a vintage Hollywood feel.

 Full View of Beneath the Stars

The actors are beneath Heidi's Stars

Close up of the Directors Chair, Camera, filmstrip, name, plate

Video of the project.

Supplies Used:

Other Supplies used:
Graphic 45 Curtain Call Paper line
Tim Holtz - Filmstrip
                   - Bookplate
Metal Camera 
Metal Reels ( home decor)
Distress Paint
Basic Gray Buttons
Metal Drawer Handle

Kim's version of the Filmstrip shadowbox has an antique and shabby flavour, reminding me of collections that hung on the walls in my great grandmother's parlor.
Kim here, today I would like to share with you my Filmstrip Shadowbox. I have used lots of wonderful items from Gina's store and mixed them with some cool metal pieces and a couple of vintage items. I have used one of my favorite paper lines to decorate this box, the Bo Bunny Mamarazzi paper line.
In this section of the shadowbox you can see one of Gina's chipboard cameras from the "Say Cheese" set. I have embossed it with chunky white embossing powder, then used a red rubber music stamp to make an impression in the embossing powder, then rubbed some Patina Guilder's Paste overtop. I then added a vintage light bulb I found in my hubby's workshop, a few flowers in black and sky blue and some Tim Holtz Film Strip inside. You can also see on the side of this section a metal clock with a vintage pin of my late father in law's from one of the camera clubs he belonged to.

 


In these sections below, you can see on the left I have spelled out the word Smile in scrabble tiles and added them to the filmstrip piece. I then used a metal sentiment beside it and inside the box, again, I have used another camera piece from the Say Cheese Set. I used a cute little metal charm that looks like an old movie camera and more lovely flowers in black, blue and aqua.
On the photo on the right you can see the bottom section, it has a metal arrow from my stash and also I accented the corner with some of Gina's wonderful gear pieces from the Gear Set. You can also see a metal clock working piece inside with a metal filigree corner and some more flowers as well.





I hope you have enjoyed looking at my project today, thanks so much for stopping by!

Gina's Designs Items used

Other items used
Bo Bunny Mamarazzi Paper Stack
Metal Filigree Pieces from Butterbeescraps
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Tim Holtz Film Strip and Clock
Scrabble tiles
Wood letters from my stash
Martha Stewart Paint in Sea Lavender
Stampendous Chunky White and Aged Taupe Embossing Powder
Melissa Francis Mini Resin Frames
Patina Guilder's Paste




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...