Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Shadowbox by Kim and an Altered Birdhouse by Marfa

Hi everyone!  Today we are pleased to announce our March cross-promotional with CraftSupplies1, an Etsy shop featuring laces, flowers, metals, and other embellishments.  This month, the Design Team members from Gina's Designs, and from CraftSupplies1, will be creating two projects each showcasing products from both companies.  Watch for these projects all throughout the month.  Today we begin with two projects.  First up is Kim.

Hi Everyone, It's Kim here sharing my latest project, the Postage Stamp Shadowbox, from Gina's Designs. This is really a unique design!  I loved altering it and giving it some vintage flair.  I have used a good mix of Gina's Designs Pieces in this shadow box and also mixed in some great Craftsupplies1 metal and laces and flowers which really added to the project. 
Below you can see one of the clock faces from the skeleton clock set, and the lamp post from the Lamp post 2 set which I have embossed with 2 different types of embossing powder, rust by Ranger and Leather by Donna Salazar. I added some white, cream and gold flowers by Craftsupplies1.   They were a great finishing touch here.
Below is a close up of the compass which will be in the store soon, and the lovely BoBunny paper inside the box. I embossed the compass with some Stampendous aged copper, and topped this section off with some vintage lace from my stash.
 
In this section I used one of Gina's wooden keys and in the bottom right you can see the clock hands. I used African Bronze Gilders Paste on the key and Shabby White embossing powder on the clock hands. You can also see in the corner one of the amazing gold metallic flowers from Craftsupplies1.
In the photo below I have used one of the Penny Farthing Bikes from Craftsupplies1. Originally, it was silver in colour, but I embossed it with Shabby White. You can also see one of the new designs from Gina's in the photo below.   It is the Waterworks frame sets which include pipes, spigots, and elbows.  I really love these! You can connect the "pipes" to go in all different directions! Very cool!
 In this section of the shadow box I used some wood letters from my stash coming out of the Waterworks Tap and inside the box you can see one of Gina's Postage Frames, topped off with a wooden dress form from Which Craft and metal wing from my stash. The bottom corner is finished off with some more beautiful flowers from Craftsupplies1.
 And lastly, here is a shot of some of the gorgeous lace I have used from Craftsupplies1. Julie,  the owner has some truly beautiful Venice trims in stock and this one I have used here is one of my favorites!
This is my first project for our Cross Promotion with Craftsupplies1. I hope you will go along and visit Julie's Store, and see all the wonderful goodies she has in stock!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Gina's Items Used
Compass, in stock soon!

Other Items used
Laces, Metal Embellishments and Flowers from Craftsupplies1
Paper is Bo Bunny Et Cetra
Wooden Ruler by Prima
Metal Pocket Watch & Resin Clock by Prima
Vintage Lace from my Stash
Wooden Dress Form From Which Craft
Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Powder
Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Bronze Embossing Powder
African Bronze Guilders Paste


Next up today is Marfa with her altered birdhouse, her first project in our March cross-promotional.

Good morning butterflies!  This is Crafting Marfa today.  March is finally here.  That means....spring!  Woohooo!!!  As a celebration of spring, I want to show you my butterfly house.  I love miniature houses, so every so often I grab one of those inexpensive birdhouses from Micheal's and I decorate them.  I usually give them to my mom, who then hangs them on a wall in the dining room.  The woman puts a big old smile on her face every time that she sees me working on one because I just can't say no to her...LOL  

This one was very simple to decorate.  If you just get the supplies I KNOW that you'll be able to put one together as well.  I painted the house and the chipboard pieces with acrylic paint.  I outlined the chippies with a sharpie marker and a gold paint pen.  Then I hot-glued everything to the house.   I did cover the window with a little bit of Crackle Accents to give it the look of old glass.  That's it!  Easy, right?  C'mon, I KNOW that you can do this too :-)  Scroll down for my short list of supplies and go for it!








Supplies from Gina's Designs:

Supplies from CraftSupplies1:

Two Tone Cream Roses
10 Colors Butterflies

Other supplies:
Craft Birdhouse
 acrylic paint,
gold paint pen
 black marker
 hot glue






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...