Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Mixed Media Layout by Melissa and a Wall Art Project by Marfa

Hi everyone!  Today we have two amazing and very different projects to share.  Both projects today are part of our month long cross promotional with CraftSupplies1.  The ladies on both teams have done an amazing job combining the products.  First up is Melissa with layout in soft pink vintage tones.

Hi, it's Melissa here with a layout using Gina's Designs Lasercuts, and items from Craftsupplies 1


In this project I wanted my layout to reflect the detail of the photo. I began by painting watercolor paper with watercolors to get a soft and delicate look.  I added texture paste, and used the same paint.  I also  applied Twinkling H20s , and art deco pen ink. 

I like how well the chipboard complements the era.   I especially like the fan, and how it gives a very feminine touch to the page.

Chipboard used:

Flower Filigrees
Silver Fairy Sprites
White Flowers
White Roses

Other products used:
Vintaj Patina Paint
Winton and Lewis Watercolors
The Crafters Workshop stencil
Stickles
Tim Holtz rub ons


Lumiere Paint

Next up is Marfa with a project she is calling "Spring Sweet Spring".  I love the colors she used and the techniques for coloring the chipboard. 


Good morning chickadees!  This is Crafting Marfa with you today.  This month Gina's Designs and Craftsupplies1 are having a cross-promotion.  Both teams have received products from each store.  Today I'm sharing my Spring Sweet Spring canvas.  Its not really a "canvas" because I used a 12 x 12 slab of wood.  I've been in the mood to do something related to Spring because it is cheerful and I love cheerful things.  I created the background by first covering the wood with white gesso.  Then I sprayed ink and rubbed it around with a piece of paper towel.  I used lots of chippies from Gina's Designs.  I also used lots of roses and butterflies from Craftsupplies1.  I coated the chipboard shapes with white gesso and then I colored them with Copic markers.  If I didn't use gesso first the chipboard would not have shown the ink from the Copic markers.  I hot glued everything down (burned my fingers a couple of times too...lol), then  I finished the canvas with a little doodling and a little lettering.  I had already attached a sawtooth hanger and now my art piece is hanging on a wall in my dining room.  Scroll past the photo for a list of supplies :-)





Supplies from Gina's Designs





Other Supplies

Hot Glue
Copic Markers
Sharpie Marker
Gesso
Delysions Ink Sprays
Wood Slab


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...