Friday, February 14, 2014

Victorian Frame with Easel by Kim and Wall Art by Heidi

We have two projects to share today beginning with a gorgeous Victorian Frame and Easel set by Kim.


Hello Friends and Happy Valentines Day! Today I'm sharing my altered Victorian Frame & Easel.  I just love this Frame set, it really harkens back to the time when photography was just starting to come into its own. The photo I chose for the center is a copy of a vintage one taken back in 1887, the name on the back of the photo was "Aunt Emma" so that is what I call this lovely lady.
I embossed all around the frame, and used Gilders Paste to give the effect of aged copper. I added some metal copper corners to add to the metallic look.
The bottom left corner of the frame has some of Gina's Feathery Flourish Pieces, which I embossed and then layered on some two toned burgundy and tan roses to complete the look.

Above is the front of the easel. I have gone over it with gesso, then used Gilders Paste in 2 different colors to give a worn metal look. I layered on some vintage laces, a metal Love embellishment in bronze, velvet ribbon, flowers and  a crochet button. I have also added a gorgeous metal peacock to the side of the Love frame.
You can see more of the Feathery Flourish there, which I embossed with the same colour as the other pieces on the frame.


Above is a close up of some of the Steampunk Angel Wings from the  Dressform and Wing Set on the top right, and an applique and flower from my stash.  
Below is a photo of the Easel you receive in the set. You can see how I distressed it to give it a worn look. The frame just sits nicely on top of it.


I hope you like my project today and thanks so much for stopping by!

Gina's Designs Items Used

Other items used
Stampendous Embossing powders in Aged Copper, Aged Silver and Shabby White
Making Memories Love Frame
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Lace and Applique from my stash
Metal corners from ButterBeeScraps

Next up is Heidi with a beautiful home decor wall art piece, one of several new products that were designed with Valentine's Day in mind, but can used anytime of year.  


Hello, it's Heidi again with a little wall art from Gina's Designs.  The actual kit comes with the chipboard square that I covered with Valentine papers, the corrugated board  and then the letters L O V E. I used the swans from the Valentine set as the hanger at the top!  



I painted the letters with a deep red paint and then left everything else natural!   Adding a few bits and pieces from the Valentine Sets that Gina has along with the ever so lovely doilies! 

Gina's Designs Products: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...