Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Steampunk Kitty by Mary

Thanks for stopping by Gina's blog today! As you may already know, this month the team members are creating masks in celebration of Mardi Gras.   Gina designed four great masks for us to choose from.  Mine morphed into a steampunk kitty! I know! I don't do steampunk! This was my first attempt at it.
The mask I decided to use is the one in the top right corner.
As always, I began with a coat of gesso. Next, I cut different size squares of  3M foil tape, and placed  the squares over the surface of the mask. Using a stylus, I made an impression in the foil to creat a rivet look. I then took one of the steampunk hearts, bent it a bit, covered with the foil tape and attached it to the mask.



The gear boarder and corners were gessoed, sprayed with Lindy's, then embossed with silver and black soot. I used an emery board over the top of some of the gears to give it more of a distressed look, then sprayed them again with Lindy's. The swirl pattern is simply colored with a bic marker in black.

After attaching all the gears and boarders to the mask, I finished it off with metal gears, a clock face, feathers and flat back pearls.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! I have a list of all the products below. For Gina's products, just click on the name below and it will take you directly to that product in her store.

Have a great week!

Gina's Designs
Masks Shape Set
Steampunk Hearts
Clock Hands Shape Set
Gears Borders & Corners Shape Set
Gears Shape Set

Other Products
Gesso
Paint: Black and Red Metallic
Lindy's Stamp Gang:: Whale Watch Blue & Black Orchid Silver
Metal Gears: Tim Holtz & ButterBeeScraps
Metal Clock: Tim Holtz
Flat Back Pearls: Joann Fabrics
Black Bic Marker
3M Foil Tape
Feathers - Stash (they were my dad's, he made his own fishing lures)
Embossing Power: Silver - Stampin' up! Black Soot Distressed- Tim Holtz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...