Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Layouts by Kathi and Melissa

Today we have two layouts to share.  First up we have  Kathi.  I love how she placed the clock hands perfectly on the photo.

Hello, Kathi here to share my 12 X 12 layout.



I began my layout with the Marion Smith Nirvana paper. The chipboard frame is so pretty that I kept the layout simple.  After the paint on the chipboard was dry, I placed the photo behind it and then added three small flowers to the lower left of the chipboard. I placed some steampunk doilies behind the photo on two sides. To finish off the layout, I added some flourishes  I hope you liked my project today, thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit Gina's Store for new products.



Gina's Designs Producrs Used:

Feathery Flourishes


Next up is Melissa with a gorgeous mixed media layout.



Hi, Melissa here with a page featuring chipboard by Gina's Designs Lasercuts. This is a sheet of watercolor paper I first sprayed with  water, then with Dylusions ink spray . On the chipboard I used gesso, then painted them with different colors of Perfect Pearls. The texture on the right is made with gloss gel using chipboard as stencils.  I painted the dry gel with lumieres, and decoart pens. I was inspired by Nancy Smith's recent page using this months sketch.  I aimed for a cleaner design than usual.

I titled my layout "Surprise" because my husband came home from work, woke me up , and took this shot.  I was a little embarrassed to be caught napping.  My favorite dreams are ones where I fly,and I think my pages look like their underneath water or in the air, so this fits. I really enjoyed working on this page, I love watercolor paper,  the chipboard is so much fun to play with, and this photo brings back a lot of good memories.

  This is a little house we rented in the 80's in Northport, Long Island, NY.  Shortly after, we moved to California.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...