Thursday, February 6, 2014

Art Journal cover by Angela and an organizer by Heidi

Today we have two unique and different projects to share.  First up is Angela with a peek at her new art journal.

Hi everyone, its Angela here and today I have the front of my Art Journal to show you. I have been taking part in a group on Facebook called Journal 52. Each week we get a prompt and make an art journal page using that prompt as inspiration. I have been thinking about art journaling for a wee while now and this kind of gave me a shove in the right direction.

 Gina's Designs oroducts used : 
Martha Stewart Paper clay
Prima Flowers
Vintage Taupe and Shabby Blue Frantage embossing enamel
Verdigris WOW embossing powder

For more details on how I created this please check out my blog


Next up is Heidi with a great way to organize your Project Life supplies, or perhaps a way to organize other types of embellishments.  I know I'm more apt to use my supplies if they are organized and stored in something pretty!


Hello Everyone!  Heidi here with a little different project for today. 

 
I have been working on some project life pages for my son and I needed to find some type of organization for my cards that I had started to collect.  So of course my first thought was to reach out to Gina for some assistance- and this is what she came up with!  Isn't it beautiful!  
 It was very easy to put together just like all of Gina's organizers and home decor, I have included some photos at the end of the post with directions.  Remember that items like this come with detailed instructions on assembling them.   But quite honestly, my favorite part of these projects is decorating.  For this one I just covered the entire organizer in newsprint to give it a vintage feeling.  Then I added some of the little photo frames with some memory words.  
As you can see- the divided sections are perfect for the different size of cards.  And then there are the dividers that come with the box and you can purchase additional dividers as needed.  

Gina's Designs Product
Memory Keeping Organizers Dividers
Postage Frames

Putting your Organizer Together
Did I tell you that it was easy to put together ?
Did I tell you that you will get detailed instructions?
Well here is a little tutorial on putting it together:
1.  Lay your parts out on the table and always start with the center piece.
2. Start sliding all the part together and once they are together add a little glue to the slots.
3. Once all the center pieces are together set them onto the bottom and slide together and glue.
4. Finally- add the 4 outside pieces, glue and then you are ready to alter!

Now go and have a good time decorating your organizer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...