Tuesday, February 25, 2014

An Altered Glass Bottle by Marfa and a Layout by Mary M

We have two projects on the blog today, and first up we have Marfa to share an upcycled item.
Hi everybody, I'm Crafting Marfa, and I want to show you my latest altered project for Gina's Designs.  I love to re-purpose things because I'm one of those people who believes in conservation.  If I can save something from going to the trash, I will.  This glass bottle came full of scented oil.  Once the oil was used up I knew that I wanted to keep the bottle but I just didn't have the right project for it.  This month, with all the love and Valentine's projects around, I was suddenly inspired.  This is a Design Team project created for Gina's Designs and it now decorates my bathroom.  It was very easy to put together.  I used a gold paint pen to add some nice gold accents to the bottle and to the typewriter letters.  I also covered the wooden key with the gold pen and hung it inside the bottle.  I glued everything with hot glue.  This is a decorative bottle, so hot glue works fine.  If you plan to handle this bottle often, then I suggest that you find a sturdier type of glue.   So look around your house and find some bottles that you might otherwise throw away and give them a second life.
Gina's Designs Supplies:



Next up today is Mary with a layout.  Mary has used lots of technique on this one.

Hi everyone it's Mary with a layout I created using the February Sketch Challenge as well as my beautiful niece for inspiration.

The mask was embossed with black embossing powder and then while it was still hot, I sprinkled glitter over the top of it.  All the flourishes are painted with a custom paint color I made and sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.
Yes, this butterfly is one of Gina's chipboard pieces! Before the gesso was dry, I gently bent the wings up, sprinkled it with several colors of fine glitter, and then glued it on top of a metal butterfly.

I used a script stamp on the flourish to the left.

Thanks for stopping by Gina's blog today. For more information on how I did this layout, please stop by my blog HERE.

Gina's Designs Products

Other Products
Paper: K&Company Value Pack
Glitter: Martha Stewart: Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine Crystal, Turquoise, Florentine Gold
Paint: Folk Art:Brilliant Blue & Craft Essentials:White
Feathers
Lindy's Stamp Gang: TiffanyLou Blue, Blue Hawaiian Blue
Metal Butterfly: ButterBeeScraps
Embossing Powder: Ranger:Black

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...