Thursday, February 20, 2014

An altered frame in a vintage shabby style

Hi everyone, Nancy here!  I created this altered frame as a gift for my friend.  Before I mailed it to her, I added this photo of my paternal Grandmother.  She passed away when I was young but I still remember how we used to sit outside in her yard and enjoy the sunshine.  I began with a 12 x 12 unfinished frame from Michael's.  I have altered several of these, and they are so much fun to play with as each one comes out so different.  This one I decided to paper instead of paint, but also did some stenciling with paint over the paper for a mixed media effect.  The project came together quickly and easily with some Gina's Designs chipboard shapes and some flowers.  I hope you like it!





Gina's Designs Products Used:

Steampunk 2 Shape Set (pocket watch)

Other Products:
Petaloo Flowers
BoBunny "The Avenues" Design Paper
TCW Damask Stencil
Folk Art Paints
Prima Chalk Inks
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder
Prima Butterfly
Bo Bunny Trinket





3 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous beautiful done.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nancy!!! Love the colors, textures and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous design, colors, pprs, chippies, flowers, lovely photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...